Mister Eclectic (howeird) wrote,
Mister Eclectic

  • Mood:
  • Music:

Sunny Sunday

Tried to sleep in, but only managed to make it to 8:30. Pulled the curried mat out of the car and put it in the washing machine, but that didn't get it clean, so I gave it a shower, which did. Went out to the car with a bucket of pine cleaner and water and a big sponge and wiped the curry "puke" off the carpeted passenger side floor. Took the car out of the car-port and parked it in a space in the sun with the windows cracked open.

The car still smells slightly like curry, but at least (a) that's a pleasant smell and (b) it no longer looks like someone puked in there.

Hopped on the bike and did 11½ miles in a Different Way. I'd heard they had opened a new trail, and I thought it connected Ellis St. (near AOL) with the Stevens Creek Trail, which is the one I bike on most of the time. So I went down to where I thought the trail was, but it wasn't. Turns out I was a block off, the trail starts on Whisman, and since there is no way to get to Whisman from Ellis except back to Middlefield, I added about 2 miles to my trip with the wrong turns. Turns out the connection to the SC Trail was not a shortcut for me after all. My odometer read 7 miles when I stopped for lunch at Shoreline's Lakeside Cafe, but I only put on another 4.5 miles on the return trip, going by my usual route. It was a nice ride, though.

At home, I watched a little of the Seahawks game, turned it off at halftime and went to Starbucks for a while. Came back and watched the 49ers lose again.

Today's crafts project was to find a way to remove the highlighter from a textbook I'd bought online -- used. They said there would be "some" highlighting, but this book had almost as much dark orange highlighter as it had ink. Nobody seemed to have a highlighter remover pen, and the only stuff I saw online was to remove it from fabrics, and cost too much. Then I ran across and article which claimed that rubbing alcohol would do the trick. So off I went to the bathroom, and put some alcohol in a cup and used a Q-tip to try my luck. Nothing. It got the page wet for a moment is all.

The the light dawned, and I thought maybe bleach might work. So I diluted some laundry bleach 1:1 with water, and tried again. It worked. So I went through the whole book, and the bleach mixture just needed to be put onto the highlighter, no rubbing, and in a minute or so the highlighter was gone! Took me half an hour to do the whole book, and now all I have to do is wait for it to dry, and erase some pencil markings.

Called Mom in the hospital, she's doing fine, and sounded great. Got email from my aunt that she's out of the hospital, too. Talked to Dad and he's happy that Mom is improving, so things are better. And I've come to grips with the work foo, so things are okay for now.

  • Dilemma Day

    So once again no contact from recruiters. This is getting old. I stayed home all day just in case. Crickets. Up at 7:30. Finished processing the…

  • Freitag You're It

    Showered in the guest bathroom because the instructions said wait 24 hours before loading up the soap dispenser in the main shower. Got a call from…

  • Fun With Slates

    This morning started with a wee bit of WFH, just enough to download ffmpeg from the company-blocked site, try it out, read enough of the html docs to…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 1 comment