- Signed my lease renewal
- Paid the rent
- Took light rail to the Great Mall§
- Bought the AM/FM mini-radio I'd had my eye on
- Bought a mini short wave radio I hadn't had my eye on
- Bought squeeze bags for my trip¥
- Bought a travel pack at the Samsonite storeß
- Decided not to buy any more clothing for the trip. It's cheaper in Thailand, & I expect to lose more of my tummy there.
- Did not find a belt without metal in it for the trip. Remembered I had one at home.
- Hooked up a new filter/aerator in the fish tanks
- Replaced a missing valve cap on one of the car's tires
- Unclogged one of the windshield washer ports
- Discovered that Domino can now launch herself over the patio wall, despite a planter with cacti on top of said wall
- Lined up my three travel packs side by side, tried them on, looked them over and decided to take the one pyrzqxgl recommended§§
- Decided to use the National Bowling Stadium fanny pack for my camera's flash cards, batteries and USB adapter. Also decided to take my flash along.¥¥
- Changed the catbox
- Read a few more chapters in In Conquest Born. Hope to finish this before my trip.
- Organized my belt drawer.
- Discovered I do not own a belt without any metal in it, after all.
- Printed labels for postcards I will send on my trip. Learned more about Microsoft Word 2003 Mail Merge than I ever wanted to know.
§ The last time I took light rail, the Mountain View train's last stop was at Baypointe. This irked me immensely, because when they first opened the Mountain View route, it went all the way to downtown SJ and beyond. VTA has seen the error of their ways, and now the Mountain View train goes all the way to downtown SJ, and then ends up on Winchester Blvd in Campbell. Very nice. So now to get to the Great Mall, one must get off the Mountain View train at Tasman, and transfer to another train cryptically marked Alum Rock. The next stop from Tasman is Baypointe. Light rail is still painfully slow (it took about an hour for what would be 10-12 minutes by car), but it sure is nice to have the option.
¥Squeeze bags are nifty items which are basically air-tight/water-tight zip-lock bags which you put your clothing into, and squeeze all the air out. It makes packing jackets and such more feasible for carry-on luggage. It also keeps stuff dry in a tropical/rainy climate.