Mister Eclectic (howeird) wrote,
Mister Eclectic

Back to Work

Today started at 6 am, dropped Pumpkin off at the vet at 7:45 for what we expected to be a tooth cleaning with one extraction. Went to work early, built some filters on my 106 email items so that I would only see the ones which had my name in them. We get email every time anyone does anything with a bug, and whenever automation finds a problem or adds more test cases to their suite.The vet called at about 11:30, Pumpkin's teeth are a mess. He needed 14 extractions. At $60 each. Yikes! 

Lunchtime, deposited checks at the CU, they too have the check scanner, but it's not as good as BofA's and didn't read the amounts on either check. Apartment, picked up a box with 4 litterbox refills. Asked the rep if maintenance could remove & store the walk-in closet doors. She said no, but I can do it myself as long as they go back before I move out.

Closed one bug which I had filed on an earlier release, and just as I was setting up for a new build on the new product, email arrived asking me to test a bug I'd found on the older product, so I needed to downgrade the software on the other machine and run some hour-long tests.The vet called again, told me old toothless woud b ready to pick up at about 4-4:30, which worked out fine. I could start the test running, and be back in time for the results.

Pumpkin was alert and looking a bit ragged. The vet showed me the x-rays, they looked a lot like mine before I had my extractions done. And like mine, his came out way too easily because they were already dead. The vet said it took a lot less time than he expected. The bill was just under $2k. Mine had cost $300. In 1975, in Bangkok.

Brought Pumpkin home, took Domino's food away before letting orange furball out of his cage. They are both hungry and more confused than mad about not having food. I tried to put a bowl of food for Domino on the cat tree, but Pumpkin leaped up on the first landing, and looked to be able to reach it. Dry food, which would not be a good thing for him.

I need to give him pain killers twice a day for 5 days, and he goes for a check-up in a week.

Back to work, the test sort of passed, so on to the next latest build, which passed too after an hour. By now it is 6:30, so I set up to re-test the original build, and it fails right away, but I left it running to see how often it dies.
To Costco for gas and to pick up the 2012 calendars. I also had decided to try the Motorola Bionic phone, since Baltimore had confirmed for me that the HTC Thunderbolt had problems staying connected to 4G or 3G. Several relatives had other Verizon phones, mine was the only one which could not connect everywhere. I thought it might be the unit, but a check online showed that something went wrong with the last update in July, and lots of people are seeing the same problem.

So I got the phone, which was about 1/3 of the Moto employee price, and will play with it for a few days. I have 2 weeks to turn it back in if I don't like it.

Home, hauled boxes of calendar and kitty litter and 20x30 photos to the apartment. Both cats are following me around. When I make myself a little microwave dinner, Pumpkin parks himself on the arm of the chair and tried to push his face into it. I manage to keep him at bay, but when it's just sauce, I figure that's okay, so I put the dish on the floor and let him lap it up. Normally he would not touch human food.

Took off the door on the study's closet, and propped it up against the wall inside. I'll find a better place for it later.

Time to give Pumpkin his pain meds.

Plans for tomorrow:
Put out some liquefied cat food
Medicate Pumpkin
Home. Maybe there's football to watch.
Continue unpacking.
Remove the other two walk-in closet doors.
, .

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded