Mister Eclectic (howeird) wrote,
Mister Eclectic

Well, That Was More Fun Than I Thought It Would Be

I don't even remember what I did this morning, except took most of my meds (had to leave out Metformin), shot up way less insulin than usual (because my Hgl was 94 and I was not going to have lunch today), and I guess I spent some time online looking for work, and not finding any.

Somehow I just cannot wait until it is really time to leave for a medical appointment. Once again I was more than an hour early, but even though it was cloudy and little muggy, it was still nice enough to sit on a bench outside the hospital and people-watch. I was rewarded by people carrying bags of oranges. A male nurse went by with a wheelchair loaded with four or more bags of oranges. Huge naval oranges. Some people were carrying fresh vegetables. All of them were heading from the hospital to the parking garage.

But best of all, a stunning young woman in full Disney princess (Esmerelda) costume, makeup & wig paraded down the sidewalk with a fatherly non-Disney looking chaperon, kneeling down to hand out candy and give hugs to children.

Half an hour before show time, I got in line for the radiology department check-in, same place I had been Tuesday. This time for a CT scan.

Unlike the ultrasound, the CT people were running late, but not by much. I think I actually got to the machine half an hour after the appointment time. A nurse poked an IV lead into my arm, shot in some saline, and sent me back to wait on a chair in the hall. A male tech about 55 or so collected me, arranged me on the table, explained concisely what was about to happen, and over the course of the next half hour I was rolled in and out of the donut from the neck down, first a la carte and then a couple of times with a clear iodine-based liquid. Not really a dye, more something which clings to certain things inside me, enhancing the contrast. Kind of like heat in infrared photography.

The last run was conducted by a younger man, who was also good but all he had to do was one pass and then pull out the IV.

They had me drinking water all week, and I was allowed to pee for the first time in hours after the scan.

When I got out, the farmer's market had folded for the day. Pissed me off, because it used to be open till 3:30, but now it's done at 1:30. Used to be on Thursdays, too, come to think of it.

Thought about grabbing lunch somewhere nearby, but decided that with all th groceries I bought yesterday, that would be silly. And traffic was about to get bad.

On the way home I had to pee again, and I also wanted to get something at Fry's. And I had to pee again. So I stopped off there, plugged the car into the charger, and just as I was plugging in a Tesla pulled up wanting to use the charger. Too bad. Tesla has tons of other chargers, use them, dude. Went inside just as Tesla Guy was discovering that the charger, which has two connectors, only allows one to be used at a time.

Used the restroom. Bought a webcam for the laptop, now that recruiters are wanting to do Skype interviews, and a USB hub because the laptop only has one free port.

Home, made lunch (clam chowder on sourdough bread. peanut butter for dessert). Was feeling completely whacked, tried to doze in the recliner, but finally
bit the bullet, stripped the sweat-producing sheets and pillowcases off and put on one of the microfiber sets. Spook helped, as usual, by burrowing under the sheets as I tried to secure them to the bed.

My next Goodwill trip I think will include my non-microfiber sheet sets.

Laid down and got about an hour's nap before the phone rang. It was Monday's doctor with the news that they found a couple of tiny kidney stones, and there was one spot they could not interpret. I have been through that routine before - Palo Alto Medical thought there was something like that in a heart ultrasound, and convinced me to have an intrusive procedure to look with an arthroscope. There was nothing there, and I was out $5k.

The kidney stones are too small to worry about, but they may have caused the symptoms. The plan is to have another lab test Monday to see if I can get back on Metformin, and a week from Monday they will do an in-office visit inside my bladder. I expect sometime between that and Monday the urologist will call to follow up on what she thinks my Mystery Spot™ is.

Text from Automation Guy. He starts at Amazon's Alexa unit Monday. It's near where I live, we'll do lunch sometime next week.

Dinner was one of the Marie Calendar meals. Way too many potato chunks, no real vegetables. Unless mac and cheese is a vegetable. Canteloupe for dessert. And some 82% Scharffen-Berger chocolate.

And I'm still drinking a lot of water.

Plans for tomorrow:
Maybe fly the copter. Unless it rains. Then maybe I'll hang out at  coffee shop.
Rent at Sunnyvale players. At least 4 5 people in it I have shared a stage with. Two from Little Shop of Horrors, one  two from Anything Goes and one from Brigadoon.


  • Home improvements

    I used the new shower heads this morning and they are a huge improvement. Plenty of power, much wider spread on the main one, and both have massage…

  • Frustrating Day with thunder, rain & 60MPH winds

    The usual breakfast maybe for the last time in a while**. eBay, asked for an RMA for the Bose soundbar. It's meant for a TV/home theater setup with a…

  • The good and the ugly

    Phone interview with two guys doing remote streaming jobs in Las Vegas, for a Seattle company. It went well, we speak the same language and the job…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded