Mister Eclectic (howeird) wrote,
Mister Eclectic

Almost forgot to write this

Had a rare snailmail letter to answer from a photographer friend. We met at the Daily Astorian in 1973, and have been in contact ever since. He is not doing very well, not finding any work after 10 years in SoCal. He's moving back to the PNW, I'm not sure where. Seattle or Portland, probably. I asked him to visit here for a while on his way up.

Also had email from Michi, a Japanese student I met in Ashland in the late 80s or early 90s, when she was boarding with theater friends who had moved there. I send her a calendar each year, and we exchange email for a while, and then I forget. She's in Malaysia working as an accountant. Her Tokyo job went away with Fukushima, and she's been struggling ever since. Despite about 8 years in college in Oregon, she hasn't quite got enough English for the positions she wants.

I keep getting drawn into FB, need to stop doing that. So many unfounded rumors being shared as truth. Mostly by people whose side I'd like to be on, but they are so damned paranoid they will believe anything.

I joined FB to keep abreast of my theater friends, but some of them are the worst.

Slept well, but woke up at odd times when I did not need to go to the loo. Spook spent most of the night in the cat bed between the hampers and the laundry basket. Hidden in plain sight. And she explored the shower before I got out of bed in the morning.

Got an early start, collected a banana and a HB egg and some packets of Tillamook cheddar from the building across from the hole. Lots of cars parked there, plus a tour bus. A couple of trailers came buy and parked about 50 Google bicycles in front of the building. They were mostly gone by evening. Something about a new employee orientation.

Gave up on the automation test, started doing the manual tests. Boss revealed she has an ear infection, which almost accounts for her bizarre behavior yesterday, but I think something else is going on. She emailed the group that she would work from home, but she was hardly online at all.

1 pm or so, lunch in the break room, Thai coconut chicken frozen meal from Safeway, apple turnover from last night. When I grabbed it off the tray this morning, I saw that I had forgotten to turn off the oven last night. Most of that heat went up the chimney. Just for grins I checked the carbon monoxide meter, it said 0.

For the first time since I started, I took all my breaks.

5:30 I moved the car to the garage and charged it, and took my personal laptop to the main cafeteria seating area, which was almost empty. Had to keep my coat & hat on because the air conditioners were on full blast. At 6:30, like magic, a huge crowd appeared. Dinner was served. I grabbed a bowl of split pea soup.

Home by the back roads at about 6:30 when the car said it was charged. Made a Marie C chicken tenders & mac & cheese dinner. Had an ice cream, sandwich or two for dessert. Watched another Sherlock episode on Netflix. The one where he commits suicide, after Moriarty shoots himself. Apparently, to both of those.

The foxy babe at Scotland Yard who calls Sherlock "Freak" has not aged well over 3 years. Sad, she started out very pretty.

Plans for tomorrow:
same as today, probably

  • Echo, Bachelor

    Mango for breakfast plus HB egg. Up and dressed by 8:30 - bulk pickup was already done (I'd put a lot of big boxes out there last night). Got the…

  • Festival of the Livingrooms: NonSonance

    Woke up suddenly with the alarm, Ma'am was curled up in my arms. Spook was hiding in the bedroom closet. I felt lazy, stayed in bed till 10…

  • Hot Day, stayed inside for Reasons

    The first reason is my fave fishing stream was on, catching sharks as I watched. And when that was done there was a Zoom filk convention, one which I…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded