Mister Eclectic (howeird) wrote,
Mister Eclectic

Medical Mystery Tour

Really good long sleep, woke up 3 minutes before the alarm, switched to Irish Pub Radio on the wi-fi speakers, did my usual morning stuff, got dressed, packed a banana and oranges for breakfast and quinoa for lunch. Traffic was speed limit and above all the way, got to the break room and over the 4 days it was cleaned out, most likely by tour groups brought in by "vacationing" employees. There were still some soft drinks, but no snacks. No HB eggs.

All day there were more tourists led by employees than I've seen all year.

40-hour test on prototype TV was still running, but stalled, 100+ hours in. Pulled a log file and added it to the bug from last time. Then set up the same machine for a smoke test. There were issues. One of them probably caused by my new server not having a path to my music. Will try to fix that tomorrow.

Doctor called, she had not seen my email - I told her I was going to finish the lab test & x-ray noon-ish.

Which I did. Maybe because I had been there last night, but X-ray took me ahead of one person waiting. $55 co-pay for that. No charge to complete the labs. My 48" pants kept falling down during X-ray. Had a robe on, so no biggie.

Back to work, grabbed my lunch box, went to the break room where a talkative bunch of Chinese tourists were around the counter. I heated up the quinoa, and it was okay as lunch but could have used something more. Had a couple of tiny oranges too. Diet Coke because there was no Vitamin Water.

Back to the hole. It was very cold outside - low 40's. Inside 68, which was adequate.

Took it easy, played a lot of videos as part of testing.

3:30 as scheduled, Contract agency guy called, it turns out that after New Year it looks like he will be my new rep. He knows my old rep, had dinner with her last night. I gave him my boss' info, and some clues about what I want in March when the contract gets renewed. And what Boss wants.

Done at work at 5:30, drove down to Shoreline as usual en route to 6 pm nail appointment, but police had the street blocked all the way to the freeway, so have to drive straight, make a U-turn, and take Rengsdorff to a couple of side roads to get back to Shoreline from the other side of 101. Got to the nails place right on time, but my person's station was being hogged by one of the older women, it was about a 10 minute wait. Gave her a calendar and a bigger tip.

Phone rang, my doctor, but my hands were occupied. But I knew what she was going to tell me.

She had contacted me earlier with news that the X-rays were clear, and just before leaving work I looked up the test results - white blood cells pouring out of my bladder. So we're talking urinary tract infection. After manicure, I checked voicemail, and doc said just that, and she ordered an antibiotic for me which I could pick up at the 24-hour pharmacy in Santa Clara, or in the morning in Mountain View.

I had shopping to do at Safeway next door, and there was no way I was going to drive all the way to SC at night. I'll pick up the drugs tomorrow morning in MV. It's practically on my way to work, and traffic will be easy.

Safeway, my favorite vitamin water was on sale, buy 3 6-packs, get one free. They also had nice big limes, 50 cents each, and I replenished my stock of pasta shells & bowties, got some clementines, and guilty pleasure -  aka dinner - a slice of chocolate layer cake. And a couple of boxes of coconut popsicles.

Home via 101, got stuck behind someone who had no idea about this complicated freeway entrance, and got passed by a way too fast veteran jerk. Took the IFH exit, did not have to wait too long to turn.

Home, took stuff inside. Delivered was a pack of AAA batteries, some for work, most for home. In the mail and now in the trash is the telltale begging letter from the American Red Cross, which sends me several a month. I don't have to open them anymore, they always arrive with no return address and a bulk non-profit mail frank. I probably should complain to USPS, because all mail is supposed to have a return address.

Hgl was 90, so dinner was chocolate cake & vitamin water. Coconut popsicle snack.

Plans for tomorrow:
Kaiser pharmacy
Work - play lots of videos. I probably need to install Netflix on the prototype TV. :-)
No work Friday. Probably will bring Zoe in for her shot.


  • Score!

    After breakfast I got in the car and punched in CVS, and it showed me one not too far which I had never been to. Turns out the trip there got me a…

  • Unplugged

    Breakfast was a banana and half the bowl of watermelon. Then I took that bowl, the cantaloupe bowl and honeydew bowls and the little container of…

  • A pair of short shopping trips

    The usual breakfast,and some time watching Twitch streams. Unloaded the dryer. Treated the aquarium again. Changed the filters again. The water is…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded