Rushed to gather all the garbage and recycleds, and wheel the bins out to the curb. Recycled was collected around 10:30, so the rush was needed. But not for trash.
Got a call from the screen door company, they located a handyman to remove the prison doors, and they will call back when he confirms a date & time. Their installer will accompany him. Cost for the project is exactly what I budgeted. Yay!
Drove to PetSmart, bought some plants for the tank, but they didn't have anything else I was interested in. Need to hit Trop for more moss & glass cats or some similar benign scavengers. And maybe more neons. And maybe another male betta - one seems to have disappeared. The latest one is a small crown tail, the same color as most of the females. The missing one is a red veil tail. Could possibly be hiding in the moss.
- Two stands for the streaming camera - one tripod one a desk stand. I assembled the desk stand, the tripod is for future use
- Bissel vacuum cleaner. Easy to assemble but I needed to sit down to put one of the pieces in place.**
- Six bottles of Treseme shampoo - very hard to open box, took them out and put them in the bathroom closet
- "Save my pets" fire department decal. There were three in the packet, placed one on a front window.
- Lever and wheels for moving the sofa. Kind of tricky because the fulcrum was not high enough off the ground, but the wheels are a triangle with a depression in the center for the sofa's legs, and I was able to slip them on with some trial and error. Wheeled the sofa across the room, off the rug. Mom and Spook were both confused by the new arrangement. The wheels slipped off a couple of times when they hit the folds in the rug.
Trail mix for lunch/snack.
Watched some fishing streams.
Tivo: American Idol was another long one, this time only solos. Way too many country singers, most of whom did not sing well, IMHO, but the panel liked their "authenticity". In other words, their gravelly voices and heavy handed guitar strumming. There were three very good women singers, and two who need more work. The non-country men mostly sang falsetto, which is not singing, IMHO. One very large fellow bucked that trend and sang alto, I liked him a lot.
And there was a special sports program, an interview with ex-Quarterback Cam Newton in front of a big audience. He's pretty entertaining.
SlingTV had another episode of Graham Norton, for a change I loved the musical group. Michelle Visage was both a guest and the lead singer.
Also on Sling was Below Deck Sailing Yacht with its usual crappy production values, and way too much screen time spent on crew romance drama. And the chef needs a talking to by the captain about American breakfasts. She thought "over easy" was scrambled. And so on. She refuses to listen to the stewardesses, who have to serve the guests and bring back the mistakes which are sent back. And the portions are too large.
BASFA zoom meeting was entertaining. Once again my rumor of the week won by a landslide.
Dinner salad before BASFA, beef portobello after for dinner, then mint chip ice cream.
Plans for tomorrow:
**Vacuum the rug
Maybe roll up the rug to get the creases out. If vacuuming doesn't do that.
Move the sofa back in place, along with the sheepskin rug, a throw rug, two scratching posts, a cat toy, the exercise bike and the TV tray.
Depending on the sliding door schedule:
Tropic for Java moss, glass catfish or something similar, a male betta and a couple more neons.