Mister Eclectic (howeird) wrote,
Mister Eclectic

  • Mood:


Semagic is now working. Like magic. All I did was reboot after disabling IE's debug widget. Which I suppose was what was making it hang.

To answer iamradar's post to the previous message, both devices which caused BSOD (wireless card & modem) are Vista-compatible, and worked when I first built the machine with Vista64. Too many things didn't work with Vista64, and several people on LJ and at Microsoft pointed out that there are almost no 64-bit programs, so I nuked Vista and clean-installed XP Pro.

When Vista SP1 was released, I bought the upgrade version (I didn't want to mess with a clean install and days of re-installing all my programs). Both the modem and the wireless card are working fine now, using the same drivers which caused the BSOD! The drivers just needed to be removed and re-installed, because Vista's upgrade app is broken.

Pisses me off, because as you said, it's a very short list of cards they support, they could easily have done some QA testing on the upgrade process.

  • Wasted time with Humana

    Hgl was high again this morning, using high test insulin to fix it. Called Humana pharmacy, they claim that they can't fix prescriptions that the…

  • Catcoon

    Couldn't sleep. Massive headache. 3 Tylenol helped. Checked the back door cam, the fat raccoon got snagged in the cat trap, around midnight. 3 am…

  • Wash Plant

    After breakfast and un-setting the trap & putting kibble out, it was time to try to find the Vegas Wash. Followed the map to E. Rochelle and hit…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 1 comment